Last Updated on July 15 , 2020
We may update or make changes to this Policy from time to time. If we do so, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of the Policy and, in some cases, we may provide you with additional notice (such as adding a statement to our website homepage or sending you a notification). We encourage you to review the Policy whenever you access the Services or otherwise interact with us to stay informed about our information practices and the choices available to you.
By accessing, browsing, using and/or otherwise availing yourself of our Site and services, you acknowledge that you have read this Policy and that you understand your rights in relation to your personal data and consent to us collecting, using and/or disclosing your information (including personal data) in accordance with this Policy.
If you have any questions on the protection of your personal data or any complaints, queries, comments or suggestions to this Policy, you can contact our Data Protection Officer at [email protected]
1. Personal Data
In this Policy, “personal data” means all data, whether true or not, about a person who can be identified (a) from that data, or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
2. Collection of Information
2.1. Information You Provide to Us
We collect information (including personal data) about you when you register for an account, participate in interactive features (such as search, click, like and share), fill out a form or a survey, communicate with us via social media sites, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. The information you may provide and/or we may collect includes your name, email, password, feedback and survey responses, and other information about you included within your messages to us.
2.2. Other Information About Your Use of the Services
When you use our Services, we may collect the following information about you:
- Usage Information: Whenever you use our Services, we collect usage information, such as the sessions you use, what screens or features you access, and other similar types of usage information.
- Log Information: We collect standard log files when you use our Services, which include the type of web browser you use, access times and dates, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to our Site.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, device identifiers set by your device operating system, and mobile network information (like your connection type, carrier and region).
- Information we Generate: We generate some information about you based on other information we have collected. For example, like most platforms, we use your IP address to derive the approximate location of your device.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We use different technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons.
The list below indicates the information collected by us through cookies that are utilised by our website. You shall have the option of disabling cookies when accessing or using our website.
- Information about your current session on the website (referrer, landing page, etc).
- The number of visits to the website from a specific customer.
- All the relevant information about the subjects of customer’s search.
2.4. Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also obtain information about you from other sources. If you create or log into your account through a social media service account, we will have access to certain information from that account, such as your name and other account information, in accordance with the authorization procedures set by that social media service provider.
2.5. Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
3. Use of Information
We may collect, use, process and/or disclose the information (including personal data) about you which we collect for any or all of the following purposes:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services, and develop new products and services;
- Verify your identity, manage your account and/or relationship with us;
- Respond to, handle, and process queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you;
- Notify you about changes to the Site or Services, or updates to our Terms or this Policy;
- Communicate with you about products, services, and events offered by Odd Concepts Singapore and others, request feedback, and send news, gifts or other information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyse trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Odd Concepts Singapore and others. If you feel your transaction was declined in error, please contact us for assistance at [email protected];
- Understand your online activity and personalize your online experience and the advertisements you see on other platforms based on your preferences, interests, and browsing behaviour;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Comply with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority, whether in Singapore or abroad;
- Any other purposes for which you have provided the information;
- Transmit to third parties including our business partners, third party service providers and agents, and relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities, whether in Singapore or abroad, for the aforementioned purposes; and
- Fulfil any other incidental business purposes related to or in connection with the above.
4. Sharing of Information
4.1. Sharing information about you
We may share information (including personal data) about you as follows and as otherwise described in this Policy:
- With companies and contractors that perform services for us, including email service providers, fraud prevention vendors and other service providers;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities (whether in Singapore or abroad) to meet security or law enforcement requirements;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe you have violated the law, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of Odd Concepts Singapore or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among Odd Concepts Singapore and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction. For instance, you may choose to share actions you take on our Services with third-party social media services via the integrated tools we provide via our Services.
4.2. Transfer of Personal Data outside Singapore
Where we are required to transfer your personal data outside of Singapore, we will take such steps to ensure that the receiving party is bound by legally enforceable obligations such as:
- (a) where the receiving party is an associated or affiliated organisation or related organisation, a set of binding corporate rules; and
- (b) where the receiving party is an unrelated third party, a contract or written agreement,
so as to provide a standard of protection to the personal data so transferred that is at least comparable to the standard of protection afforded under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012.
4.3. Aggregated Information
We may also share aggregated, anonymised or other information not subject to obligations under the applicable data protection laws with third parties. For example, we sometimes share aggregated information with research organizations to help facilitate their research.
5. Your Choices
5.1. Account Information
You may request to access and/or correct certain information you provide to us (such as your password, name and email address) by logging into your account or contacting us at [email protected]
You may also withdraw your consent for the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal data in our possession or under our control at any time by submitting your request to the contact details listed above. Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request.
If you wish to delete your account, please contact us at [email protected], but note that we may continue to retain certain information when required or permitted by law.
5.2. Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts
With your consent, we send promotional and other push notifications to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
6. Legal Basis for Processing
In addition to the specific purposes set out in paragraph 3 above, we will only collect, use, process or disclose your personal data in the following situations:
- When we have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data, including to communicate with you about changes to our Services, to help secure and improve our Services (including to prevent fraud) and to analyse the use of our Services;
- When we have your consent to do so, or if you are deemed to have given us your consent to do so;
- When it is clearly in your interests, and if consent cannot be obtained in a timely way;
- When it is necessary to respond to an emergency that threatens the life, health or safety of yourself or another individual;
- When there are reasonable grounds to believe that the health or safety of yourself or another individual will be seriously affected and consent cannot be obtained in a timely way, provided that we shall, as soon as may be practicable, notify you of the disclosure and the purposes of the disclosure;
- When it is publicly available;
- When it is necessary in the national interest;
- When it is necessary for any investigation or proceedings;
- When the disclosure is to a public agency and such disclosure is necessary in the public interest;
- When the personal data is disclosed to any officer of a prescribed law enforcement agency, upon production of written authorisation signed by the head or director of that law enforcement agency or a person of a similar rank, certifying that the personal data is necessary for the purposes of the functions or duties of the officer; and/or
- When it is otherwise permitted or required by law (including without limitation the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act).
7. Data Retention
We retain personal data for no longer than is necessary for fulfilling the purposes for which it was collected, or is necessary for legal or business purposes, unless otherwise required by applicable laws.
8. Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at: [email protected].